Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Daily Dose: PAPA - "I'm Not Sorry"

The Daily Dose: New music every day. It's good for you.

Tender Madness, last year's fabulous album from former Girls drummer Darren Weiss's band PAPA, was one of my favorites of the year. Yesterday PAPA premiered the unapologetic anthem "I'm Not Sorry," a B-side from the album, on Stereogum. While "Don't forgive me / for things I've done / I'm not sorry / for what I've become" may not be spectacularly original lyricism, here's what Weiss had to say about the song:
“This song touches on the idea that any artist has to make a lot of sacrifices to live inside of their work. A lot of people have called me insane over the last few years, but when you’re insane, you can go anywhere, you can do anything.”
Stream it below. 


EMAIL QUESTIONS//CONCERNS//CONTENT TO LETMEGETMUSIC@GMAIL.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment